I am a Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW). I received a Master’s of Social Work (with a concentration in Family Therapy) from University of Iowa, and a Bachelor’s of Science in Social Work (with a minor in Biblical Studies) from Abilene Christian University. I also hold a certificate in Plant Based Nutrition from the T. Colin Campbell Foundation at Cornell University. I have had the opportunity to work in a variety of settings, including medical, residential, school and clinical; working with individuals, adolescents, and families. I offer support and services for:
- stress management
- grief and loss
- helping you get "unstuck" and gain traction toward goals
- food addiction/emotional eating
- transition to plant-based diet
- transitions into the city/new roles, motherhood
- Christian and spiritual growth counseling
- emotional regulation
- relationship issues/boundaries
- supervision toward social work licensure
- EFT (Emotional Freedom Technique)-"Tapping"
I use an eclectic mix of modalities in treatment, using mostly CBT, DBT, EFT Tapping, and the expressive arts (art and music therapy techniques). I seek to understand and respect clients individualistically, and to come alongside them in their journey toward healing. I assert that clients are in the driver’s seat of their recovery, and that it’s my role as the therapist or life coach to provide compassion and unconditional acceptance. I take a holistic approach to therapy, addressing the mind, body, spirit, diet, social network, history, and emotions as equally integral components that profoundly affect one another.